Sickle Cell Support Services
(SCSS) is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization incorporated to help families and individuals living with sickle cell anemia disease.
- Providing emergency assistance when needed (bill payments, prescription assistance and transportation)
- Provide community information and referral (doctor's, specialist, community programs and services)
- Provide social and emotional support thru support groups, monthly and yearly activities, such as enrichment camp.
- Provide education to new families living with sickle cell.
- Provide community education training, lay education training and support group education training
We need your help! We fight for equitable resources, better health care practices and more research for individuals living with sickle cell disease. No donation is too small.
Germaine Johnson Sr. was a dedicated and caring individual who in 2001 started the Sickle Cell Inner Circle Support Group which later became the Sickle Cell Support Services in 2004.
Read more >>
Volunteers are the heart of our organization. It's your help that makes it all possible. If you are interested in volunteering for our organization please click the link below to find out how.
Download Form >>
Sickle Cell Camp
Sickle Cell Support Services (SCSS) enrichment camp is hosted yearly in June at the 4-H Center in Ferndale. The camp is FREE for attendees! This camp is available to individuals ages 7-16.
Read more >>